Saturday, September 19, 2009

We are really loving living in Vancouver. It's just been amazing how everything has worked out for us here and I feel greatfull every day for that. I do miss my family and friends but I don't miss Calgary and work. I had a great month off discovering the city and area. We are living in North Vancouver and great. We can ride a ferrie into downtown that's only 3 blocks from our house. Its pretty amazing to be able to ride our bikes to the beach and then be able to go hike up a mountain the same afternoon. There's ton's of mountain biking trails and I'm super excited to try out the 3 ski hills that are only about 15 min away from our house? I can see why Talon liked living out here.
Talon's job couldn't be better. He works at a 3D production and printing company called Protodemon. http://www.protodemon.com/3D_Model_Prototyping_and_Printing/

He's working with his 2 good buddies from Fort Macleod about 3 blocks from our house in an amazing loft that looks out onto the harbour. They are getting lots of steady work and learning a lot and he says that most of the time he doesn't really feel like he's at work because he loves what he's doing. Him and his buddy Joe have converted a shed in Joe's backyard into a motorcycle shop. Its pretty sweet actually and they spend hours working on bikes. They are almost fininshed with a bike Joe bought a month ago. They pretty much stripped everything off it and rebuilt it. It's looking great. I'm always pretty impressed what they can do. Needless to say Talons a pretty happy boy these days.

I'm currently becoming a Yogi. I'm doing my teacher training and will be finished in October. Its a 5 week course and I will be certified with the Yoga Alliance. Super Exciting. I've done yoga for years and have always wanted to train. I love it so much and just want to keep learning. I have a few people that I already have lined up to come teach in there homes and I hope to get a job at a studio when I'm finished. I have been doing hair out of my house and am actually getting quite busy. Word of mouth is spreading and I have decided that self employment is the way to go right now.

I don't really know if life can get better than this. I'm so happy and content right now. I want for nothing and am so blessed.

Life is just a mirror, and what you see out there, you must first see inside of you. ~Wally ‘Famous’ Amos

2 comments:

  1. I've been watching for an update here. Pretty nice honey and glad you are feeling so good there. I'm not saying that I don't miss you though. It will be great to see you in a week. Lots of love from Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so great! I love the pics! I am so glad things are going so well for you guys! It sounds like you are doing awesome! I already told you, but I LOVE Vancouver! Totally the best Sushi EVER! I am jealous! We are so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete