Sunday, March 27, 2011

Bliss Balls...

Mmmmm.... so I really can't stop eating chocolate BUT I've found a healthy alternative that satisfies my cravings, are not too bad for you, and are DELICIOUS. I love them and they are really easy to make.

1 1/2 cups Almonds
1/2 cup Pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup Walnuts
20 pitted dates
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla
4 heaping Tbsp cocoa

First Blend up the nuts and dates in a food processor. If you're using a blender I would half the recipe and it will blend better. Pulse until every thing is ground up fine. Add vanilla and honey. Mix some more and then press into balls. Simple. You can play around and use any nuts you want, more or less cocoa(mine are pretty chocolaty), honey, dates, add raisins, cranberries, coconut, you get the drift. Yummy. Hope you try them and see how blissfully delicious they can be.

5 comments:

  1. You need to ask Kristina (Jahn) about bliss balls. They keep pretty good for a while. She had hers in her pocket for like a month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm, looks and sounds delish! Thanks for the recipe, I am going to try them and see how they are! Maybe even brad will like them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am way excited to try these!!!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so yummy. I had forgotten about these Joc. Thanks for posting the recipe!!! A yummy choice but healthier!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm getting the ingredients tomorrow to try these. When do you add the cocoa? didn't see that or I didn't read correctly. Thanks for the recipe. I'll be watching for the other recipe you mentioned too. What was it again?? Can't remember but thought I would like it. You are a great "cooker"!!! luv ya.

    ReplyDelete