Monday, March 14, 2011

First Bites..


Leo was sure ready to eat solids. Right after he turned 4 months I decided to let him try eating some cereal. He's such a big guy and was always hungry so I started with cereal in with his formula for about a week and he seemed fine so I popped him in the bumbo and let him try eating. I've got a hilarious video on my iphone that I'll try and post but I can't figure it out tonight so I've just got some pics. It only took a couple bites before he learned how to swallow and after that he was chowing down. I tried making the cereal runny at first but he likes it nice and thick and its way less messy. Pretty soon he was eating lots of veggies too. Yams and carrots are a fav but he'll still eat peas and kale and beans too. Anything I stick in his mouth he eventually will eat. Here's hoping this means he won't be too picky of an eater. We've been letting him taste lots of stuff to try and get him used to lots of flavors. I think in another month we'll be just grinding up what we're eating and letting him go for it. Man this kid is growing up too fast.




4 comments:

  1. We have totally done the same thing with Nori. We started him on just rice cereal and then after he was eating 3 meals a day we incorporated blended up veggies and fruits. He loves it. He was so mad today when all the strawberries were gone. hahaha. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh so lucky you don't have a picky eater. I can already see it in Emery! He is seriously so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leo is just adorable Jocelyn, and I love your new family photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pic of mom and Leo is really nice! And I would LOVE to have you around for my hair! He will be one good looking kid with great hair! And he is growing so much! He is still so cute! We just blended up our food too without all the seasonings. He will be a good eater. We have beautiful Spring weather in the teens already for the past month. When you move back to Alberta it will be Winter still.... :)

    ReplyDelete