Thursday, April 14, 2011

Warm beet and Toasted walnut salad.

Mmmmm... I love beets and nuts and salad. So this is one of my favorites and nice and filling too. Thought I'd share the recipe since I know my sister can't wait to try this!!

First roast the beets:

Try and buy beets around the same size. I bought golden and red beets. Wash and dry, then drizzle with olive oil and wrap each one and place in heated 375 oven. Cook anywhere from 20-60 minutes depending on the size. Just poke one with a fork and if its nice and tender its done. Let them cool till you can touch them and the peels should slide right off. Done! I usually cook 2 beets per person.

While the beets are cooking chop up some walnuts. Just pop them in the over after the beets are done for about 3-5 min and they'll be nice and roasted and READY.



Have some nice greens ready on the plate. I added some red pepper today cause I had some. Cut up the beets and add, toss on some nuts. Goat cheese or feta is also delicious but I was out and then drizzle with the dressing and enjoy.

Dressing:
3tbsp olive oil
2tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp honey
Thats enough about 2 salads

3 comments:

  1. That looks amazing. Can you come make me lunch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks so tasty! I also love a roasted beet salad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! The pics are really nice too! It is always nice to have family photos!

    ReplyDelete