Thursday, January 13, 2011

Creative Christmas...


I gotta say that I'm pretty proud of a couple of my presents this year and thought I'd share the ideas. My sister in Law had the idea to make a memory card game with pictures of the family but never made it so I stole the idea and put my super creative husband to work. I knew what I wanted the cards to look like so I directed Talon and he made them in about a half hour. Would have taken me weeks I'm sure. I asked all my siblings to send me a head shot of everyone in their family. Talon made the backing and cropped everthing to a 3" x 3" size and I sent it off to the printers. They turned out amazing. I hope all the kids can play the matching game and get to know their cousins who don't live close to them and think about them sometimes..... especially little Leo;)





I had heard of this website called Blurb when I was doing some photography classes and you can make a book out of your pictures. What better present for parents and grandparents than pictures? The site was pretty easy to use and I made a book of pics since we've moved out to the coast.

While I was doing it I decided to make a book for Talon. We were set up by our mutual friend Sarah Low and I was living in Calgary and Talon in Vancouver. We emailed for a couple weeks before we started talking on the phone and then finally met about a month after we started communicating. I had all of our emails saved and always meant to print them out so I cut and pasted them into a book with a bunch of pics from that summer we dated. It turned out super awesome and was really fun to read all 53 pages of emails. Kinda made me fall in love all over again. It was a pretty crazy romantic summer.



http://www.blurb.com/

Here's the site. They are hard cover and the pictures are great. Only took about a week to get them too at Christmas. This is the first Christmas ever that I have been creative. We'll see if I get any ideas for next year or if this is just a one time thing!!

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous ideas- both of them! I'd love to see them next time I'm over. Well- the pics in the book anyway. Not sure that falling in love emails are public domain ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were great ideas. You need to send some creative juices my way next Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've totally been meaning to do a book for Dave but I keep procrastinating. I've done one before and loved it. Good on ya!!

    ReplyDelete