Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A new year.


I'm always happy at the beginning of a new year. New beginnings. A time to reflect. I always look at the past year and hope that I'm progressing, that I'm learning, and growing from one year to the next. I think my lesson of last year was patience. I am a very active person and being pregnant was sure a lesson in patience. Not being physically able to do a lot of the things I was used to doing for 9 months and then Leo was 9 days overdue. Then a really hard birth added another 3 months to that and now I think my body is almost ready to become active again.

Since moving to Vancouver I've started teaching Yoga. The way I feel when I do it is something I want to share with everyone. The strength and lightness, the balance and stillness. Being quiet and focusing on your breath. Spending some time just with yourself. Its important to treat your body and mind to some quiet and I'm excited to be starting my practice up again. Talon is getting up in the mornings with me. I hope it will help him to have a bit more energy and fix the pain he is feeling from sitting in front of a computer all day. It is amazing the changes proper alignment will do to your body.

Its hard to get out to classes all the time so if you're at home and want to try some different classes here's a great website to try. It has all different levels and styles of yoga. Something for everyone.

http://www.yogaglo.com/

namaste

3 comments:

  1. I should definitely try that. Thanks for the website. I hope you and your little family are well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy new year to you! i wish i had the strength (and the motivation lol) to do yoga. happy teaching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to try that website! Thanks! It was so great to see you guys! Leo is so cute! He is a great baby! I have an old picture of Brad I need to send to you because it looks just like Leo! It made me laugh! Thanks for cutting my hair! Let us know your plans this year!

    ReplyDelete